Family dentistry is a multi-faceted dental field whose primary focus is on diagnosing and treating the dental needs of patients of all ages. A family dentist strives to build long-term relationships with their patients based on trust and understanding and extends a safe and comfortable environment for patients, both young and old. They will understand the changing needs through the different stages of life and deliver comprehensive services accordingly.
What Is Family Dentistry?
The main aim of family dentistry is to make sure that every family member gets quality dental care that meets the requirements and challenges of their specific age group. The family dentist will have the expertise to deal with a wide range of issues and extend age-appropriate dental care for every child, teen, adult. They provide regular dental check-ups, teeth cleanings, fillings, fluoride treatments, sealants, etc.
How Is Family Dentistry Beneficial To You?
- A family dentist has the expertise to treat anyone in your family, from young children to elderly parents. Patients can schedule an appointment with a family dentist for the entire family, and everyone can get treated simultaneously. It becomes easier for children with a family dentist as they feel more at ease to see the same dentist and receive their treatment.
- The family dentists deliver an assortment of services, which makes it possible for them to treat patients of all ages. They can provide preventative treatments such as sealants, fluoride treatments, and dental cleanings, as well as cosmetic treatments like veneers and teeth whitening.
- A family can build a strong relationship with a family dentist. When all family members feel comfortable and relaxed with a family dentist, they are more likely to express their health concerns freely. It will also become easier for the dentist to understand any common dental problems in all the family members.
- A family dentist will have a record of your family dental history. Thus it becomes easier for the dentist to evaluate how a person has reacted to previous treatment and accordingly provides more appropriate treatment.
- By regularly visiting a family dentist, the parents can set an example for their children, and they tend to become more comfortable seeing their parents interact with the dentist. The entire family can get their regular treatments together, and the young children are less likely to be scared of the dental chair.
- A child may experience a chipped or knocked-out tooth, and such emergencies can occur at any time. By having a family dentist you can meet at short notice, you can rest assured regardless of the situation.
Call us at (303) 494-0101 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Family Dentistry. We'll be happy to guide you further.